Re: Vibration

>The problem you refer to happened to me as well.  As simple as it may
>sound, the problem turned out to be a bad motor mount (I just changed
>them all instead of just the bad one).  The bad motor mount was located
>under the car, kind of near the front stabilizer bar's center.  It was a
>%$&* to reach (according to the mechanic) and once it was changed, the
>mysterious "shakes" stopped.  Also, I had new springs (Eibach) and an
>upper strut tie bar (Neuspeed) put on while the car was down and the
>ride has been rock solid and smoother ever since.  Good luck with your
>own.

Ahhhhh...my mount there is Polyurethane.  Looks like my shakes are going to
stay....

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-dreamer-wanna-be
(I changed it to that so Shawn Meze wouldn't have to take so
  much time out of his day to keep changing my signature to that
  and sending it back to me)

Virginia Polytechnic Institute
     and State University
   College of Engineering