Re: Vibration

Scirocco4@aol.com wrote:

> > >Around 5600 RPM, my engine has a strong vibration that comes on quickly
> > >and is felt strongly in the gas pedal. It seems to get a bit less as
> you
> > >pass through 5700 RPM, but I am afraid to push my luck.
>
> My '87 Scirocco has done almost the same thing.  At about 70MPH it starts to
> shake and vibrate.  If any of you Scirocco owners know what the problem I
> would greatly appreciate the advice
>
> -'87 16V (Tim)

Hi Guys,

The problem you refer to happened to me as well.  As simple as it may
sound, the problem turned out to be a bad motor mount (I just changed
them all instead of just the bad one).  The bad motor mount was located
under the car, kind of near the front stabilizer bar's center.  It was a
%$&* to reach (according to the mechanic) and once it was changed, the
mysterious "shakes" stopped.  Also, I had new springs (Eibach) and an
upper strut tie bar (Neuspeed) put on while the car was down and the
ride has been rock solid and smoother ever since.  Good luck with your
own.

Steph G