Re: Scirocco European lights

In a message dated 97-03-18 18:47:54 EST, gbaxter@valleybrook.com (Greg
Baxter) writes:

<<
 I can't remember where exactly I read this, but they will not fit... :(
Would be nice, though, huh?

 I would like to upgrade my lights to H4s, but my voltmeter reads <12v at the
best of times, sometimes around 9.5-10v when the fan is on high, and the
defrost/lights/wipers are on... (most mornings 'round here...) Any ideas?

Run a new 10/8 gauge wire from the alt. to the battery. Check ALL your
grounds!
Get a DVM and check what you are really charging at. Is your gauge accurate?
How is it wired in? You can make it more accurate by adding a relay to
connect it directly to the battery when the car is started.

On the subject of the H4's you can get a relay kit from autotech i think you
make one you self as i did. It links the lights directly to the alt or
battery giving them max voltage. This is definatly suggested.

Steven Toughill
MAINElyVW1@aol.com
Mainely Metric
Holden, Maine