RE: Scirocco European lights

I can't remember where exactly I read this, but they will not fit... :( Would be nice, though, huh?

I would like to upgrade my lights to H4s, but my voltmeter reads <12v at the best of times, sometimes around 9.5-10v when the fan is on high, and the defrost/lights/wipers are on... (most mornings 'round here...) Any ideas?

Greg
82 Rocco
91 Jetta (with Euro/H4 grille... mmm, nice lights, esp with the beams on!)