Re: Back up lights.

> And the problem of the day on my 'rocco: The back up lights!
> Please give me advice on how to inspect.
> Here is what I checked so far (gee thanx Bentley!)
>
> Light itself works,
> no 12v at light socket :(
> fuse ok.
>
> Here is what I have problems checking: The switch.
>
> There is a black and there is a black & blue wire.  Seems like there
> is always 12v when I check it there (reverse or not).  This should
> light up my backups all the time right? Unless...

What it sounds like to me is that the wire that always has 12V on it
(blue & black?) should be that way.  When the switch is active (you
put the car in reverse) you should get 12V on the other wire (black).
The ground is provided at the lites.  So, if you're never getting 12V
on the black wire, the lites won't light.

Simply jump the switch connector (with the ignition switch on) and
the lites should lite.  If not, the problem is not the switch.  If I
was a betting man, I'd bet the switch is bad.

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com
85 8V Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(on Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound near Seattle)