Back up lights.

And the problem of the day on my 'rocco: The back up lights!

Please give me advice on how to inspect.

Here is what I checked so far (gee thanx Bentley!)

Light itself works,
no 12v at light socket :(
fuse ok.

Here is what I have problems checking: The switch.

There is a black and there is a black & blue wire.  Seems like there
is always 12v when I check it there (reverse or not).  This should
light up my backups all the time right? Unless...

Could it be that it acts like a switch: ie:

12v ----/   -----[fuse]---[light]---[ground]  (not in reverse)
12v ------------[fuse]---[light]---[ground]  (reverse)

if so, can I just use a jumper (black and Black & Blue) and see if
the lights turn on? Then decide if it's the switch that needs to
be changed or not?

if not what can I do?

Thanks

Frank