Mk1 better than Mk2? Real life testamoney!

At 08:24 PM 3/13/97 -0800, the Potterman wrote:
>>OK buddy we wont talk about my ES time's within .5sec away from your
>>(legal ??) DSP car, In my 87 1.816V  GTI w/ the same old yoko's & 1/2
>>of the mods & a very SOFT low end.

No, we wont, even though your still SLOWER.......... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

>>I may not have much of a raido but
>>lets try a strait line dude Terminal island 1/4 strip may be opening up
>>soon. The roco loves showing off the lic plate (pot'srkt) to blue mrk
II's
>>BYE BYE
>>POTTERMAN

Anybody can point and shoot. Lets talk about todays aautox shootout at the
Murph, shall we?? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

heh-heh, how that go, oh yah! "He who has the fastest time, WINS!"

So this is for all of you who think just because your in a lower class,
(DSP) with a stock JH motor, you cant compete with a car in a higher class
(SM) with a RD motor with a worked head pumping 140+ HP in a car that is 3
00 lbs lighter. The cars, my 82 DSP Scirocco and the Pottermans 80' SM
Scirocco. Today was the day of our showdown. We had our very own private
shootout at the saturday autox practice event in San Diego. After 4 runs,
my time of 74.441 was fast enough to beat the Pottermans time of 76.luzer!
Or was it a 75 something run. Ah well, doesnt matter. It was slower and
thats all that really mattered today. :)-

I gotta say, on Mikes behalf that with a couple runs with me as a
passenger/driving coach in his car and my own setup changes set on his
Scirocco, he was able to squeeze off a very fast 72.455! His car is much,
much faster than my car is, theres no dispute there. It just needs more
time to dial into the course. OK Mike, I gloated. I cant seem to rub it in
anymore.

Geez, I hope I can have as much fun tomorrow as I did today!

(Ya, im bored....just wanted to share....and brag!)
LATER ALL!

Shawn