Greetings...

Hi!  I'm a newcomer to this group, as I bought my first Scirocco this
afternoon.  It is replacing my 90 Golf Diesel, which was faithful for
350,000km.  After two accidents, several trips across the country, a family
of 4, and some very hard country-road driving, it's finally packed in.  (and
if anyone's interested in the car and lives in Southern Ontario, I'm looking
for a prospective buyer...)

Anyways, I picked up my '86 Scirocco to take its place.  The car is a
one-owner machine that was well maintained throughout its 180,000km life.
It's got the 8 valve engine, lots of power toys, sunroof, no air conditioning
(which just clutteres the engine bay anyways), and a bit of rust around the
edges which will be fixed this spring when the salt is gone.

My first question for you all is this: the silvering on the exterior mirrors
is quite deteriorated.  The mirrors from Volkswagen are $107 each.  I can't
just put a piece of mirror in there, as there's no way to fasten it (and the
mirrors wouldn't be heated, either).  Is there an aftermarket supply for
these, or does anyone have a good set of mirror glass that they would like to
sell?

Thanks
-- Mike Helms
tudor@tvo.org