Re: Cooling System Problem

In a message dated 97-03-11 15:30:23 EST, sheridan@vanceandhines.com (Brad
Sheridan) writes:

<<   Another thing I've had cause overheating probs before is the cap on the
 overflow tank. Its a pressure cap, but if it goes bad, and doesn't open,
 you get too much pressure in your system, and it overheats rapidly.

A faulty cap that doesnt open will cause a hose to explode because of the
pressure, not make the car overheat.  Pressure helps to raise the boiling
point of the coolant.  If the cap was stuck open (no pressure) I guess it
could overheat then, but I have never seen that.

Kyle