Re: suspension Question-caster

Edward Wahl wrote:

> I have recently seen 2 or 3 adds for A1 Front control arm bushings
> that add like 1 to 2 degrees positive CASTER.  Anyone out there care
> to comment on this?  Anyone using them?  Thoughts on usefullness
> for IT or Solo racing?
>
> Ed

Well I have purchased these offset control arm bushings with new control
arms. I noticed I had to shave the outer of the new control arms with a
wire brush so the bushing would sit flush but you can just tap them into
the holes. They are white and are harder than polyurethane.

The increase in caster is about 2 degrees and the wheelbase increase
about 3/4 inch. The advantages of this increase wheelbase mean better
weight distribution front to rear. Less weight transfer during  braking
and acceleration. You will get increase caster which dramatically
increases turn in. I am installing them shortly and will tell you if
there are any additional results.

With the increased caster I have heard some complaints that although
turn-in is awesome you lose some midturn grip but its all drivers
preference.

Good Luck!!

Super M