Re: Help with FI troubles

At 08:15 PM 6/3/97 -0500, DWilsonGA@aol.com wrote:
>First, I am a Scirocco person. On my 3rd and soon to get #4. But I need help
>with my son's Jetta GLI, and you guys are so much sharper than anybody else
>on VW H2O cars, I turn desperately to you for help with this car.
>
>85GLI 8V, 94K miles, will not start. I have checked and or replaced
>altenator, starter, battery and cables, oil/filter, air filter, and nothing.
>Turns over, but will not crank.  I got the car a week ago from a guy who,
>when it would not crank one morning, just went and bought another car (an
>Acura, what a maroon) and has no clue. "Just wouldn't crank."

I'm no mechanic, but it sounds exactly like what was happening to my car.
New battery, it would turn over beautifully, but it wouldn't catch.  One
mechanic told me it was a problem with the fuel, pump, but when he went to
try it one last time before putting the pump in, it started.

I went back to my regular mechanic and he told me it was in the ignition.
They replaced some parts in there and now it starts beautifully.

Sorry I can't be more detailed, but maybe it'll give you a new starting point?

Brandon Sommerville

You know how most packages say "Open here"?
What is the protocol if the package says, "Open somewhere else"?