Re: Air box to throttle body

At 05:57 PM 3/7/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Any one ever hear about this before?  Hear anything good or
>bad about it?  I got this from a friend...
>have you seen the advertisement for a replacement pipe for the "s"
>pipe connected to the air box and throttle body boot?  It comes in
>five colors (black, white, red, yellow, and chrome) or carbon fibre.
>It's 3" in diamater, made of lightweight ABS plastic, and has a 50%
>increase in airflow over the stock "s" pipe.  It runs for about $44.
>95 and a company called Performance Engineering makes it.  (203) 526-
>4717.  I thought I might give them a call and get the specs on it.
>Will keep you posted.  Later days!

I believe the marketing name they're calling it is the "Power Pipe". The
notion that it flows 50% better is rediculously high. Maybe 5% better. The
idea is, it takes the turns out of the pipe, which is better airflow.

Todd Cameron gave me a piece of 3"PCV pipe and a 45deg bend and he said it
cost him all of $5.00 and it comes in any color you want! (paint it yourself)
I dont feel it gives any low end performance but the top end has got to
benefit from its being in place. I happen to like the way it looks over the
stock "S" pipe.
My overall opinion:    "eh"

Shawn