RE: Ambient temp. sending unit

I agree with Miles that unless the probe gets wet, wind chill is not
problem, and having it in the airstream may be a good thing since it
would
establish equilibrium much faster.  Just hand-waving, b-----

You're right on both counts.  As an student in physical oceanography,
I was often in charge of the meteorological equipment when we were at
sea.  A major pain in the ass was trying to keep the "dry" temperature
probe from getting seaspray on it all the time, and give a false
reading.

Tim