Re: 13x6 wheels taking up space in your garage?

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Iain Mannix wrote:

> Well, let's see - I do not think there are many if any stock 13x6" wide
> alloys from VW - I have never seen anything but 5.5".  Don't know, but
> what I am hoping is that there is someone out there who has a set of them
> from the days where larger wheels meant *wider* wheels, not 15-17".  If I
> am not mistaken, in the midish to late eighties, 13x6" wheels with
> 205/60-13s were popular "upgrades."  We shall see!

VW offered a very limited run of 13X6's, they were flat faced with a
"modern" looking 4 spoke design. The most common wheel in 13X6's was the
Ronal (sp?) that was very popular because of excellent fit-ment around
the hub. These are the wheels that were used on the Golf Cup cars. Good luck
finding a set, I looked for 3 months...... little to no luck.

Pansport makes an excellent 13X6 with just the right off-set, but be
ready to shell some $$$$. I'm sure Revolution would offer a suitable
wheel, that is if you are very rich :)

Harry