Ambient temp. sending unit

At 10:41 PM 3/5/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Obviously you can't put the sensor underneath the hood. Nor at a spot
>like the trunk, since it will be a million degrees there over the summer.
>That leaves us with the outside of the car. Since many cars nowadays
>have such sensors, I am wondering how they are protected from wind-chill
>coefficients.

I am pretty sure that the temp sensor on the Corrado is under the hood.
But it is past the weather seal near where the wiper motor is on a
Scirocco.  As far as wind chill, I do not think it is a problem unless the
sensor is wet (?).  I am remembering a junior weather kit that used a wet
piece of wick on a thermometer to measure wind chill...

Miles Lott (http://www.insync.net/~milos)
(mailto:milos@insync.net)
93 Corrado SLC, 82 Scirocco