Re: VW Special tools

At 04:53 PM 3/5/97 -0600, Shawn C. Meze wrote:
>At 05:02 PM 3/5/97, you wrote:
>
>>Hey guys, use the breaker bar to loosen tight fasteners and save the
>>ratchets for lower torque applications and SPEED!  Your ratchets will last
>>a long time.  Just take your ratchet apart and look at the ratchet
>>mechanism.  The force is transferred to some relatively small parts.
>
>Well, I dont have one.

Get one.

>Besides, the 1/2" ratchet doubles just fine as a
>breaker bar and, as an added bonus, if I break it, I get a new one, FREE!

Actually a certain number "free" ones are built into the purchase price of
the ones that are paid for.  If Sears feels they are unable to raise prices
and stay competitive, they just have to cut their costs by changing their
supplier.  Now we have a lower quality line of tools just because of you
Shawn.  You are probably the cause of a lot of other world problems like
skunky beer, drooping breasts on women, and birds preferring to poop on our
cars instead of the the parking lot.

>I've always been able to loosen most any bolt/nut with my inpact wrench. The
>ratchet with my 3' cheater bar is my stand by. I only need it for them pesky
>hub nuts.

When I use my 2' cheater bar on my breaker bar I wince.  I can't imagine
doing it on a ratchet.