Re: G-grind in DSP? <Judgement day>

>I finally got an answer from the Potterman. (Busy guy, no time for a lamo
>like me!)
>
>There is 1 (one) "J" cam (The stock cam for the 1.8L) listed as being in
>Los Angeles.
>
>-The kicker-
>The 1.6L cam is listed as OBSOLETE!

My people need to talk to your people.......

>What does this mean to those of us who were hoping the 1.6L cam would be
>perfectly legal for us to use in DSP?
>Well, simply put, it means we CAN NOT use this cam. In fact, if you have a
>1.6L, and you bust a cam, and for some odd reason you couldnt get a
>replacement 1.6L cam, you would have to use the 1.8L or whatever else was
>available. So, there goes that brilliant idea Mr. Mannix had. :(
>Thanks for nothing..........

Heh, way I see it, it was YOUR idea!  You once told me about your rationale
for using the G grind, and I looked into it - oh well, I guess I'll wind up
with the J cam.  Hard to tell em apart, though.  I wonder just what's in
there.......heh, kidding.  I just know that the one with the huge G on it
won't fly at ALL!  TTYS!

Mannix (dammit, I gotta get those papers from my VW guy........I like my
1.6 cam!)