Hesitation and bad starting

Sometimes when I go outto start the car it's realy jerky,and
unresponsive. I mean the idle drop to like 400, and sputters and
lurches even when I floor it..Usually 3 or 4 restarts of the ignition
and the throttle finally feels responsive. But this time i went and
removed the gas-cap, let all the built up pressure release and viola!
smooth start and run. I remember some others having the same
symptoms..you migth try the gas tank pressure next time firs and see
if it fixes it right away..if not it was just coincidence for me.

Ryan
'87 16v Scirocco
'86 8v Scirocco (Rieger/GTO Competition to be)