Re: HELP Distributor = tach + spark shorting out --HELP!!!!!!

At 08:14 PM 6/24/97, you wrote:
>>..also theres a hole in my tranny? directly below my distributor? is
>>this a good hole to have..i think i dropped a screw down it..am I
>>phucked?
>>
>>Ryan
>>
>Hello Ryan:
>
>If you dropped a screw in any hole in the trans, and you could not remove
>it, it will mean trouble 99.9% of the time. If you dropped it through the
>timing hole, definite trouble. Do not move the car until a knowledgeable
>set of eyes can check it out.
>
>Good luck!!!
>Paul Hanley

Its not the end of the world. You might want to turn the morot over by hand a
few times and unbolt the 3 bottom bolts from the splash shield cover. Your
gonna hafta pry it open and then use a coat hanger (bent to allow for some
fine fishing!) and fish out the bolt.

Now, ifyour turning the motor over by hand and it stops, dont force it.
Rotoate the engine the other way a little and maybe the bolt will settle in
and drop to the bottom. it should no problem unless its a really big bolt.

When your all done, and everything is put back together, be sure to smack
yourself in the back of the head for all of us!
(Dont worry, ive done much worse things. its amazing how a little bolt can
find a little hole to fall into. I sopose you were working near the timming
belt when it happened, right? )
:-D

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi