Post Autotech Show

Just in case somebody was interested in the Autotech show last
saturday, heres my viewpoint.

Overall, I thought there were much better looking cars in the show this
year. (Not one primmered Rabbit! Cool!!)

The Potterman and Myseld both showed our Scirocco's and I was suprised
in the interest that was shown both of our cars. (We parked right next
to each other) Maybe there is a new resurgence of Scirocco interest?
Maybe.

The show winners.
Autotech did good this year compared to last year. Last year they had
1st, 2nd, 3rd places overall. This year, they had 1st, 2nd, 3rd in the
A1, A2, A3 classes! An interesting note on the A1 winners is that they
were all Scirocco's! There were some very nice looking Rabbits there
but I guess that the Scirocco's looked better in the judges eyes.
Third went to Ken Weidmann Jr's 85 Show Scirocco from the list. His
girlfriend looked pretty bored sitting there on the curb behind the
car. Congrats Ken!!
Second was a um... 78 (?) Scirocco. SWEET! yellow MK-I with Euro head
lights and a full 16V conversion on NOS. Rear Reiger Spoiler (?) looks
sweet on the Scirocco!
First was a 87 16V. White with some serious yellow racing stripes.
Corrado head lights. I think its the only thing I didnt get a picture
of. Hopefully, Autotech will have some pics of their own up on their
page. The pics on their page now are from last year. The Yellow MK-I is
on it.

http://www.autotech.com/

Theres the address if anybody wants to see it. Me and my son are on the
group photo. Bottom right in the blue shirt/ black hat is me. To my
right is my son in a purple hat.

Anyways, it was very cool meeting Doug, Brad (again) Mike (the Lurker!)
and finally, Benton! I hope to meet you guys again, especially Benton.
He got there pretty late and we didnt have alot of time to chat before
it was all over and I had to leave. Next time Benton will get up a few
hours earlir maybe?? :-P

Anyways, I had alot of fun. I won a raffle prize again this year. (A
sunroof wind deflector. Cool! But, I dont have a sunroof...) So I sold
it to the guy next to me and I bought polly rear bushings and the 5th
gear tool instead!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
best looking DSP Scirocco in ALL of San Diego!