Re: quiet night

> Jason, your motor, if working properly, should start, idle and drive at
> low rpms with no problem.  It could be timing, electrical, fuel, air or
> any number of things.  Do you have the Bentley manual for your car?
> Even if you have work done by a mechanic, you'd be surprised what you
> can figure out by following the troubleshooting proceedures. Did the car
> run good with the old timing belt on?  If so, your mechanic may have got
> the wrong tooth on the cam sprocket.
>
> Jim

	I'm pretty sure that that's what it is.  It drove excellent before.  My
mechanic mentioned that he had a little bit of trouble setting up the
timing cuz all of the usual markings on the engine with regards to
timing have been removed or something like that.  I'm trying to recall,
but I don't remember exactly what was being said.  I can let everyone
know though, that my mechanic is this mutts nuts.  Best you could ever
find.  He looks after about 4 of my friends' cars, as well as mine, my
fathers', my sisters', my aunts', etc.  He _gave_ me a perfectly good
battery from some diesel Passat that he had lying around for no charge
at all.  This guy is by far the most honest, meticulous, friendly (if he
knows you) guy around.  So all's well.  Thanks for the concern tho,
volks.

jason
87 16V