Re: fuel pumps & engine swaps

Josh Clark - EXC wrote:

> Well, a friend of mine and Jay's here, the parts guy at the local
> dealership, did it on an 8v Scirocco and put in the Motronic but never
>
> mentioned switching fuel pumps but I'm sure it was necesary on the 8v.
>
> He said the wiring was the hardest but he just took the entire wiring
> harness and fuse box from a PAssat and checked off each wire as he
> connected it.  It's going to be at Waterfest and he's going to tell me
>
> all about it.  I can't wait.  He's a really cool guy also because I
> want
> to do the same on my car.
> --
> Josh Clark
> EXC Performance
> (201) 726 0507
> http://idt.net/~exc
> ARMED WITH A SHOP NOW!

thanks for the reply,

so ...you're going to Waterfest,
i live in Montreal, do you think the trip down would be worth it for the
day?
if my scirocco was runnig i wouldn't hesitate but..... it isn't.

the local "shop" (RMR autosport) is organizing a "sport compact car"
event which used to be
a "BUG OUT" but they started selling Honda stuff, i think the event will
turn into a "honda fest"

so i need to go somewhere else to get my VW fix for the year. Waterfest
vs Toronto show?!?!? anybody been to both? which one is bigger and
better?

-nigel.