Fan Switch for Heating/Cooling -> DEAD !!!

  Well my heating/cooling system is DEAD as far as the switch is concerned...
 I was driving down the highway with the AC running and the Oil temperature
 at 120+.   I turn off the AC and it just dies, and the Oil temperature
 Gauge needle goes all the way over pass the RED to the end.
  I stopped the car a few minutes later, and wait a while before checking
 the oil and adding a little.   I turn the car on and the Oil temperature
 gauge reading reads normal, but when I turn on the AC, FAN, or HEAT - the
 controls are DEAD, and the Oil temperature gauge needle appears to short
 out to ZERO or the beginning and die.   The needle returns to normal after
 a few minutes but the same thing happens everytime I turn on the FAN switch.
  I've replaced the switch already and the same thing happens....
   any ideas would be appreciated....