G60 engine FS?

Some trouble on the homefront--my parents are getting divorced.

Which means, all our money is going to lawyers and to another house (someone
has to move out, right?)

So we need money.  And I don't *need* my G60, which hasn't even been
installed yet.

Let me tell you about it.  First, I bought the basic engine / supercharger
for $750.  It HAD 80k miles on it, but after the following work done to it by
a very reputable VW tuner / machine shop

Motor dis-assembly
block hot dip
Head dis-assembly
Head work (port/polish/etc)
3 angle valve job
Motor work (polish/balance/etc)
Parts cleaning/painting
re-assembly
------------------------------
25 hours       $750
Brooks Machine Shop // Scooter Racing in Unadilla, NY

it's practically brand new.  What went into the engine when it was
re-assembled:

complete head gasket set:  $125
Block gasket set:  $75
Main bearing set:  $35
Rod bearing set:  $30
Int shaft bushings:  $15
Ring set:  $90
Oil pump:  $130
Racewear connecting rod bolts, head studs, and something else....@$400
TT High-rev valve springs
Total:  $950

So that there is $2450 for a BULLETPROOF engine w/ ported/polished head and
supercharger and a few other things.

Next, I had to buy all the accessories from another G60:  $700

And lastly, I had to buy that wierd list of parts that was described in EC.
 I didn't get EVERYTHING, but I got about 90% of it:  fuel filter, fuel
system, ignition bracket, washer fluid mount, p/s reservior mount, tranny
int. plate, and brand new quantum radiator.

This was $250 from Adirondack.

I've got a bunch of other stuff, like the Stage III kit and other junk but
I'm trying to send that back.  This stuff is basically unreturnable except
for adirondack's stuff.  I've also got...hmm...a Pflow for G60 ($75
used)...and I guess that's it.  Oh, I got an ECU ($225 used) and an audi
intercooler ($50 used).

So lets see.  $750 for the basic engine and supercharger, $750 for the engine
labor and port/polishing etc, $950 for the kick-ass engine parts, $700 for
the G60 corrado engine pieces (accessories and such), $250 for the misc.
parts from Adirondack, and $350 for the things listed just above.  Total:
 $3750.

I'd let it all go for $2750.

You'll have about $300 left in parts to buy before it can go in.  That will
go toward a few custom hoses and not much else.

This is not definite--I pray that I don't have to sell my dream, but I might
have to go this route.  Let me know if you may want it.  Email me privately,
as I am not subscribed to the list.

Chris Taylor