Re: Project 16v in EC

Brett VanSprewenburg wrote:

> EC finally decided to do an update to their Scirocco 16v project car in
> the latest issue.  I just got it in the mail yesterday.  Anyway, they
> added the Nology wires, Nology coil amp, and Beru Silverstone sparkplugs.
> They say that drivablilty and responsiveness of the engine increased quite
> a noticable amount.  I wonder what a dyno would have to say?  Does
> anyone else have any real world experience with the full Nology setup?
>
> If anyone wants to know more details of the article, I could try and hit
> the highlights later...
>
> Thanks.
>
> ==Brett

Thanks for bringing that article up Brett.  That was one of the
crappiest pieces of project work I have ever seen. They should have made
more room for the advertisers they're sucking up to.  Here's my take on
the "article":  We've got a Scirocco, put new wires and plugs in it...it
seems to run better...The End.  Ain't we great? Add a few pics and hump
the product installed like an alley cat on a full moon.  Gentlemen, that
is NOT a project.  Can't wait for the next issue!  Maybe they'll show us
how to install an exhaust tip and make some scientific analysis on how
much more power they think they might now have, maybe.

Jim

--
­¦ý°±·