Re: To bore, stroke, and breathe

If you would like a bit more, maybe a minor port and polish job. Even the
1.8l head will respond well to porting. The trick of porting it is to
gain everywhere from lowend to high. A euro intake cam is a good all
around, for a bit more, mod an exhaust cam to work as the intake.

When you get into boring and stroking the lower end, things can start to
become quite expensive. I recently spoke with Franz at Velocity, he said
he was installing 86mm pistons on his 16V engine, can you say rev? Don't
know how he'll fit those in there...

I'd say for a realistic, affordable street engine, stay with the stock
2.0l bottom end (perhaps have it balanced). A minor porting job to the
1.8l head, your choice of cam, and the stock intake. Ofcourse you should
match port everything too. The 50mm intake is a high end hp piece, maybe not
what you are after, but you can always easily upgrade to it later.

Brian
93 VR6 Corado, 3.0l in progress
87 16V, 2.0l soon