Emergency!!! No Brakes

Anyone outthere (hopefully Shawn, Potterman, or any brake buffs),

My brakes on my 80 Scirocco just went and this is my only car, I need it
for work tomorrow.  Here is the situation:

Brake has felt "spongy" for quite a while, regardless of the amount of
fluid in the system.  Tonight, they completely went, brake to the floor
and nothing, except at the very bottom (about last 1/2 inch - and then
very minimal, no full stopage).  I went to the store, got fluid, filled
up the reservoir, nothing.
My question is:  do I just need to bleed the lines (which have not been
done for I don't know how long - I've had the car for 6 mths now), or
will I need a new master cylinder.  If a new MC is the case, can I take
one off of an 82 Scirocco?
If yes, please send help with any know how on how to complete this task.

Thank you all,

John
80 Scirocco S