Re: Rain/ idle problem

At 04:43 PM 6/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi guys
>
>Anyone had this problem before? I have a 87 16v k&n filter and techtonics
>cat and stainless exhaust. When it is raining out I have an idle problem.
>When I come to a light and push the clutch in the idle drops down to about
>400 rpms and hangs there for a few seconds and then begins to climb back to
>1000 rpms. If I try and accelerate before it returns to 1000 it bogs down.
>Car runs great when it is dry out(actually runs better than any VW I have
>ever had). I've done the basics like new plugs,wires,cap and rotor.
>Any ideas?
>Thanks
>Don Dawson

How about after when you wash your car?

What kind of shape is the rain tray in? Im thinking its the rain tray
leaking water into the black boxes. Although the harness plug has a rubber
boot, that doesnt mean that it wont allow moisture into the pins, causing a
short or bad connection.
HTH!!!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi