wheel rub

I recently bought 16 x 7.5 TSW Evos with Toyo T1's 205/45-16's for my
Scirocco 16V. I also have Neuspeed race springs.  I got a lot of rub on
the inside of the wheelhouse liners on both front wheels.  Then I
noticed that the car was kind of leaning on the left side and some one
told me that my left front shock was blown.  So I replaced both front
shocks with Tokico HP's.  After installing both shocks I still had some
rub but not nearly as bad as before.

Its been three weeks since I replaced the shocks and now the car leans
to the right front side and I get a whole lot of rub on the right front
wheel now.  Could I have possibly blown the right shock or could the
springs be worn out?  When buying these wheels and tires both Discount
Tire and the shop I bought them from said this size would fit.  Could
they both be mistaken and the wheel size be too big?

Could you guys also recommend some springs that aren't as harsh of a
ride as the Neuspeed springs but still retain the ride height of the
Neuspeeds(if this is possible).  I think I'm going to have to compromise
the ride height for a more comfortable ride.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian
88 Scirocco 16V
91 GTI 8V