Re: Check your spark plugs!

> So I peeked around the engine bay and found that the heat stuff on the inside
> of my hood was singed in a spot.  I also had a small dent in my hood!  AND my
> spark plug wire in #2 cyl. was loose.  AND the plug was totally out!
>
> _W_T_F_!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I shot my spark plug out of my cyl head!!!!!
>
> After inspecting the threads, it appears that it slowly backed out, and when
> it was on the last thread, it shot out.  So fortunately, no threads in the
> head were damaged.  Although the same plug wouldn't go back in, a brand new
> one fit in just fine.  Whew!
>
> The last time I did my plugs was this time last year (@ 4k miles ago).  And I
> torqued them down to factory specs.  So apparently it backed out on its own.
>

> Moral of the story:  Although I've never heard of this happening before, it
> might not hurt to check  up on them from time to time when you're fooling
> around in there.

I had a similar problem one morning when I blew the injector out of
the engine.  The car started very rough and wouldn't run without
revving the engine.  When I finally looked in at the engine.  I
noticed the injector was just blown out.  I changed the o-ring on it
and put it back in place and have yet to have a problem.  But it was
one of the strangest weirdest things i have seen.