Re: 2.0 swap

Stephy G wrote:

> Jason Brunberg wrote:
> >
> > Hey volks, there is always a lot of talk about swapping a 2.0 into the
> > Roc, but is there _that_ much of a difference?  What kind of power
> > increases are there?
>
> I hear it's mostly low-end torque.

Well the 2.0L that we got is 11 more horsepower and the bigger block
will yield better low end torque.  You can get a block for $400 so I
would say it is well worth it.

> >         I'm just thinking that maybe I'd be better off going with a G60.  Even
> > better, how about hooking up a G60 to a 2.0 16V?  Too much work?  Or
> > what about a VR6?  I love the VR6, but I have heard of 2.0 swaps that
> > just eat up the VR6.

I would have to say that the 2.0L is the easiest and most cost
effective.  In any case getting a 16v car to go faster will be
expensive.  Either with an bigger 16v or an engine swap.  The G60 is a
lot of work and jerry-riggin.  Rewiring, reinforcing etc...  My plan is
a 2.0L tall block from England which is 150hp stock but 15mm taller =
hood cutting or lowering the engine.  that is after cams on my 1.8L
first since they're interchangeable.

> If you check out the watercooled newsgroup, there was a thread on G60
> bolt-ups to a 2.0 16V.  I think Josh might have contributed (did you
> Josh?) to the thread so maybe he can explain if further.

Yeah, I read up a lot on the 16v G60 Cabbie that Deutchcar did and I
talked to the guys who did it and they really don't know much about the
stuff, they just made it work and I believe it started once!  It never
runs and I think that must be one of the most expensive engines to
maintain!  A G60 AND a 16v??? = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
LAta