Re: 2.0 swap

Jason Brunberg wrote:

> Hey volks, there is always a lot of talk about swapping a 2.0 into the
> Roc, but is there _that_ much of a difference?  What kind of power
> increases are there?

I hear it's mostly low-end torque.

>         I'm just thinking that maybe I'd be better off going with a G60.  Even
> better, how about hooking up a G60 to a 2.0 16V?  Too much work?  Or
> what about a VR6?  I love the VR6, but I have heard of 2.0 swaps that
> just eat up the VR6.

Yep, there are FAT engines (bored and stroked) that could give the VR6 a
run for its money but keep your car within engine/chassis weight ratios.
I got an e-mail awhile back from some guy that had bored a 1.8 to its
limit (I think it was 84cm??) and had JE Pistons, a forged (knifed too I
think) crank and the whole nine.  The only problem he had was keeping
the car attached to the ground even with the Velocity differential
upgrade as opposed to the VERY expensive Quaiffe.

If you check out the watercooled newsgroup, there was a thread on G60
bolt-ups to a 2.0 16V.  I think Josh might have contributed (did you
Josh?) to the thread so maybe he can explain if further.

Steph
http://www.zianet.com/gills1/