Factory Turbo Scirocco

Hey volks this is apparently an article from VW&Porsche before it
became EC, October 1988, pg. 48 "Mirror Images": "..a 1985 Scirocco,
which had been modified after its arrival in the U.S. with a factory
authorized Legend turbo system.  A little known, limited edition model,
the Turbo Scirocco sold for a very short  time, and Legend, itself, went
out of business soon after production was discontinued."  The article
continues that the the owner, Adam Winer paid "...$9800 for the car he
drove off the lot that day" and the turbo was a "..Warner-Ishi RHB 52
turbocharger..."

	Sounds interesting.  I actually saved another tidbit of info about this
spinoff that talks briefly about hp...
	"The cars I had seen were tested at 160hp@4500rpm.  They had
intercoolers but no fuel enrichment.  The ones without intercoolers had
130hp and 6psi of boost.  I think the cars were 1984 1.8L 8V.  There was
another company trying to impress VW at the time, but their turbo system
had 4psi of boost, was reliable, but slow".

	Cool stuff!  Anyone else have any input?

jason
87 16V