Re: Scirocco 16-Valve (1.8 litre) and GolfIII (2.0 litre) Turbo Kits]

----------
> From: Stephy G <gillS1@zianet.com>
> To: Jason Brunberg <stoopid@idirect.com>
> Cc: scirocco list <scirocco-l@privatei.com>
> Subject: Scirocco 16-Valve (1.8 litre) and GolfIII (2.0 litre) Turbo
Kits]
> Date: Wednesday, June 11, 1997 1:42 PM
>
> Jason Brunberg wrote:
> >         Holy frigeranomous!  5Gs for a turbo?  I might as well get me
a VR6 and
> > trick it out like mad with the remaining 2Gs (after installation of
> > course).  How can these people justify that kind of price?  BTW, how
> > much hp are we talkin about?  Do they have facts and figs
(hp,torque,1/4
> > mile,etc.)?  Thanks
> >
> > jason
> > 87 16V(don't get me wrong, I'd love a turbo, but 5Gs :P)
>
> Check out AMS's ad in European Car Jason:
>
> Stage 1:  217 BHP@5800 RPM (8.5 PSI)
>
> Stage 2:  244 BHP@5800 RPM (10.5 PSI)
>
> If you have the May '94 issue of European Car (like me ;D), they had a
> more in-depth test.
>

> Steph

Yeh those kits are pretty pricy but I had the chance to drive the AMS 2.0
16v turbo golf & it's DAMN fast,torqueeeee, & very streetable. I agree
that it's a bit pricey but if I had 5G's +++ to blow on my 16v & wanted
gobb's of power AMS would be getting my money.
BTW I've been to the 1/4 mile strip with them & with the car FULLY
loaded(a/c,p/s,p/w,abs,all seats & it was pulling low 14 et's @ about
110mph.
Not bad for a car/setup that's smog legal.
Just my .02
Potterman
80 Scirocco "S"