Re: Heads & such..

coutinho.ka@pg.com wrote:

> All:
>
>      I've gotten my butt kicked once too often by a 16V 'rocco!.. wanted to
> convert my 8V.
>
>      A few questions for anyone who's been there before:
>
>      - Can I put a 16V head on an 8V block? i.e. would it fit without any mods?

	I think you can, but I don't know if it'll help.  The extra 8v is
usually what sticks it to ya.

>      - I was told to by a 1.8l 16V engine and put a 2.0l 16V block on it.. ?

	Although I'm not the techmaster that some of the volks around here are,
but I have heard that the best way to start working on a good power base
for your car is to throw a 2.0L into the engine bay straddled with a 1.8
head.  Apparently it does matter what head you use though.  I think the
head on the 16V Roc is the best, for some reason.  This guy who has a
flow bench in his shop port and polished some guys 1.8 head and stuck it
atop a 2L block.  He was freaked out by the amount of power he got from
it.  Does 30 hp sound like a lot?  I'm going to hafta ask him next time
I see him what the specs were.  Far be it for me to give my Scirocco
bretheren invalid info :)

>      - Would I be able to put a Euro (dual outlet) manifold on my 8V ?

	No wordz of wizdom from this guy (me).  I haven't a clue what it is yer
referring to here.

jason
87 16V