Re: Great night

Etrik Patricella wrote:

> Jason Brunberg wrote:
> >
> >         Now for my usual 20 thousand question period...When racing, I noticed a
> > bit of lag in second.  First has plenty of power cuz I light the tires
> > up, but as soon as I throw it into second, I get power, but it's not a
> > constant 100% effort.  It seems that for a second or two the engine
> > struggles and then spins like it should.  Any theories on this problem?
> >

> It's just because you have the 1.8 16v.  You have to take the tach
> all the way up to 6k in first to get a good pull in second. I am
> shure you have done it before (if not try it sometime, you'll be
> suprised=')

	Oh man, I shift at 7Gs down my driveway!!!!  :)  No worries.  Every
shift I dropped the hammer at about 7 (that's when I feel the pull not
pull anymore).

> >         Next, wrt the header.  Does it add much power over the stock
> > configuration?  Also, if the bugger is cracked, what can i do to solve
> > the problem.  If you made it this far, thanks for reading all the way
> > down to this point.  Later all.
> >

> Is it a standard tri y, or an aftermarket? You can't get much better
> than the stock tri-y, putting an aftermarket header on might
> even hurt your low end (I have heard this somewhere).

	I have been told that it is aftermarket.  4-2-1 jobbie.  Looks like
sh*te cuz it's rusted.  Do I have any seconds on this "stock is better"
vote?  If so, I'm taking this rusted monster out and going back to VDUB
wear.

jason
87 16V