Re: Great night

At 05:32 AM 6/8/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Ahh, chalk up another couple for the Roc.  Headed to the races tonight
>with every intention of running anything that wanted to play.  Got my
>wish.  About 12 cars broke from the pack of posers to get down to
>bizness on a new track.  Wicked straightaway.

Where is this you raced??

>	Now for my usual 20 thousand question period...When racing, I
noticed a
>bit of lag in second.  First has plenty of power cuz I light the tires
>up, but as soon as I throw it into second, I get power, but it's not a
>constant 100% effort.  It seems that for a second or two the engine
>struggles and then spins like it should.  Any theories on this
problem?

16V low end torque. Simple as that.
Are you shifting at or near redline?? If not, on the racetrack, you
should be The higher in the RPM band you can get the upshift to will
give you a better acceleration. (Up to about 3rd gear, then you want to
back off about 300 rpm's and so on. its mildly complicated but it
works)

>	Next, wrt the header.  Does it add much power over the stock
>configuration?  Also, if the bugger is cracked, what can i do to solve
>the problem.  If you made it this far, thanks for reading all the way
>down to this point.  Later all.
>jason
>87 16V

If its cracked, simply remove them and stopdrill the crack first, then
reweld it over the crack. It will be really strong there where it was
cracked but at least it will last a bit longer for you.
HTH!

Shawn