Re: Speakers

> Those are some good ideas, I'll be sure to remember them!  ALso, you can
> hold a lighted match or lighter close to any areas where you think there
> may be leaks.  If the flame wavers when you move the cone in and out,
> you've found a leak.  Another trick I used on my box was to absolutely coat
> the inside of the box with a product called "Stop Leak".  It's like
> spraying a really thick coat of paint, and I think it did a pretty good job
> of sealing all the joints.

ahh good idea with the flame! I'll check into that stopleak stuff,
sounds like an added bonus of adding strength(weight) to the
inner walls, in small boxes i don't add inner side supports because
its not worth the time..and that 2' of board doesnt flex much. cool.

> Yeah I must say I enjoyed building mine too, so much so that I constantly
> have to convince myself I don't really need to build myself a new one every
> 6 months!! :)

heh, I've finally settled on a box, that and I live in an apartment
now so whipping out the sawhorses and powertools in the
parking lot is frowned upon.

thanks for the tips.

Ryan