Re: Speakers

>Heh, this message should have gone to the guy that was actually
>attempting to build the box, I've forewarded it to him =]

Yeah, hopefully he's still paying attention...:)

>I cover all edges with talcum power and look for any air
>escapes..works real well. also..i use elmers wood filler and force
>press as much as possible in the outside edges to close up any tiny
>holes...sand down and you have a perfect box =]

Those are some good ideas, I'll be sure to remember them!  ALso, you can
hold a lighted match or lighter close to any areas where you think there
may be leaks.  If the flame wavers when you move the cone in and out,
you've found a leak.  Another trick I used on my box was to absolutely coat
the inside of the box with a product called "Stop Leak".  It's like
spraying a really thick coat of paint, and I think it did a pretty good job
of sealing all the joints.

>man I love to build speaker boxes,especially a triple-bandpass
>enclosure, those things thump louder than anything else Iv'e built.

Yeah I must say I enjoyed building mine too, so much so that I constantly
have to convince myself I don't really need to build myself a new one every
6 months!! :)

"Y'all better pay attention, because you can't afford free speech."
					-George Clinton