Re: Neuspeed Alignment

At 11:28 PM 6/5/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I recently put on the neuspeed race springs and I heard about
>"special" alignments you could get especially for the race springs.
>I have a friend who owns a garage that does alignments so I could get
>it set any way I want it.  But I need the complete specs for the
>alignment.
>
>Where can I get the complete spces for the race springs?
>I have heard of sitting in the car while it is being aligned is there
>much to be benifitted from this?
>
>                                      Jay

Didny you get a little spec sheet in the spring box?? Well, it says to use
-1 degree camber and 1/16th toe out. Simple as that. If you want a little
more cornering grip then use  -1.5 -2.0 neg camber. This will tend to wear
the insides of the tires more but with my 400 trearwear street tires, ive
seen no inside wear at all so far.

Sitting in the car while the alighment is being set makes perfect sence
since when the car is being driven, your in the seat, right? Well, the
alignment can be altered with the weight not being in the seat. Mike
Potter had his alighment set  then he got in the car and his rack
merchanic checked the alignment. It was off by quite a bit so to get the
most out of an alignment, havew a seat.

Your lucky to find someone that will allow you to dictate what specs you
want and allow you to sit in the car. Being rack mechanics, you would
think they would have some decent knowlege as to what happens to a car
ect. I even got scolded for asking in one shop! (Goodyear no less. They're
only good for racing tires, if your a NASCAR driver...They suck.) Anyways,
my newest sponsor does mobile lazer alignments on big rigs ect. He said
that he prefers that I sit in my car while he does my alignemnt! Go
figure! (hes also my cheif DSP competition!)
HTH!

Shawn