Re: Strut install

At 09:33 PM 6/4/97, you wrote:
>Hello fellow watercoolers:
>
>I had strut cartridges, strut bearings, bushings, and bump stops installed
>on my '87 rocco 8V recently. One problem, there was a clunking noise coming
>from what appeared to be the shock towers in front before the install, and
>it is still there.

Is it the exact same sound or is it a little different than before?? Is it
comming from both sides?? (a slow drive over a bumpy road with the windows
down can help diagnose this.)

>Is it possible that my mechanic left a part or two out? If he did, would I
>be able to tighten the nut at the very top of the strut to take up any
>slack that may exist if he left a bushing or something out?

Its possible that he didnt get the top nut on the strut tube exactly tight.
You may be able to get a large set of adjustable pliard and try and tighten
the top nuts. (Jack up one side, get inbetween the spring coils. Ive done
that before.) There could also be a spacer he may have left out too. You
might want to ask him.

HTH!!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi