Re: Utterly useless Scirocco trivia...

Kyle D Binney wrote:

> I love my radio wired without the ignition.  It is harder to forget the
> radio than the lights on an early morning when you start driving in the
> dark stop in light, or you start in rain and end up in nice dry weather.
> Those parking lights have gotten me a few times.
>
> VW finally put in a buzzer in the a3's
>
> Kyle
>
> On Wed, 4 Jun 1997 01:30:53 -0500 (CDT) trnsfrma@ix.netcom.com (Shawn C.
> Meze) writes:

> >Anybody
> >ignition switch
> >little on
> >>
> >>this is why you loop the orange wire to the red wire in the back of
> >>your head unit. i can listen to my radio anytime I want.
> >>
> >>Ryan
> >

> >Ya, but sooner or later I would forget to turn off the radio and i'd
> >get a dead
> >battery for it. No thanks. I wired it to turn off when the key is off
> >for a
> >reason.
> >

> >Shawn
> >--
Kyle I have the answer to solve all of your problems....I have done
everything from a mechanic to car alarms,cell phones car stereos etc.
This is what you need to do.....Depending on the radio you will need to
grab the acc wire on your radio which is usually red and hook it to the
key sense wire.....this is the wire that turns on your buzzer when it
the key is in the ignition.......This way the radio will turn on when
you put the key in the ignition and will also turn off when you pull it
out so you dont have to worry about leaving your radio on....also to
solve your headlight problem you can buy a light sensor that you can
place on the dash to sense if it is day or night. This sensor will turn
on your headlights when it is dark and will automaticly turn them off
when you get out of the car. You can also turn this sensor off if you
like to run your lights during the day. I hope I have helped you out on
this problem.....by the way i have a 1989 Scirocco 16v.  see ya.

Gregg Peart