Re: Need Scirocco 16V intake, trade for GTI 16V one

At 07:06 PM 6/2/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I just got my 16V!
>finally but its totally a basket case as the guy took it all apart to
>do the valve seals and stuff.  I checked out the motor good.. good
>bearings, needs an intermediate shaft bearing,  cylinders are good,
>head needs a valve job, valve seal but everything else is just great.
>only 169,000 km, for $600. It would been $900 if he had to rebuild
>it so I took it as is.  he gave me everything I'll need, alternator,
>knock sensor stuff, exh. manifold, brackets, the whole works.
>Only problem is.. THE INTAKE IS ON THE WRONG SIDE!!!!!!
>and I have no clue where to find one.  He gave me the GTI one so I
>could trade but I don't know if anyone will do that.
>But anyways, if anyone hasw some hints or important info about the
>swap, let me know as this is my first jump into 16V territory.
>Ben

Congrats!
All you need to do is find is a used Scirocco 16V intake manifold.
Easy!

My best advice to you before you start building this motor is to
research everything very well and take your time with it! Pay as much
attention to detail as you can, the end results will pay off emencly
for you.

Shawn