general questions

Hey all, I've got a few basic questions about Sciroccos, 16v's in
particular.  I just got this car ('87 16v) a few weeks ago, and the
previous owner made several modifications.  I would like to know what he
did and what is stock.  First off, do the 16v's come stock with front
lower stress bars?  And how big is the stock front swaybar?  The other
thing I'm currently wondering about is the lower control arms in the
rear have large hoops with rubber linings on the inside...  maybe a
mount for an aftermarket swarbar?  The holes are huge, maybe 1 1/4
inches.  These hoops stick in towards the center of the car.
Thanks in advance for your time!

John

'87 16v Scirocco
'86 GTi  <--- for sale