Re: Full throttle switch

Dan Wolfson wrote:

> Ok, with all the explanations of the full throttle switch going on, I
> thought I'd ask
> about the other switch on the throttle body.  What does the switch at no
> throttle do?
> I have a hard time adjusting the cable so that this switch actually
> engages
> at idle.

This switch is primarily a fuel cut-off switch.  When you let off the
throttle, this switch tells the computer to supply no fuel until the
engine speed slows down to approx 1300 or 1400 rpm, if memory serves
me.  I'm sure it probably serves other purposes, but the main thing I
noticed between when mine was working and when it wasn't was that I
didn't get the light backfiring and "popping" on the way down when the
switch was operational.

John

'87 16v Scirocco
'86 GTi  <--- for sale