Re: Karmann...

John Given wrote:

> ><< Is anyone on the list from Michigan?  I found a VW parts place
> >called
> > Recycled VW's and I'm going there to scope it out on Saturday.  THey
> >told
> > me on the phone that they have 4 or 5 junk (that's what they called
> >them)
> > 'roccos in their yard.  If the pickins are good I'll post what I
> >find.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Kris Tewkesbury
> > 1986 8v >>
> > Hey Kris,
> >I can tell you from my own experience that Recycled Vw is WAY
> >overpriced.  I
> >can  also tell you that I would never ever ever ever buy anything from
> >them
> >again  in my life.  Maybe they are the only thing near you but I would
> >recommend shopping around.
>
> I can't agree more, their prices are outrageously high, they wanted
> $150.00 for used teardrop(16v) wheels, when you can get new one for about
> $80., and that is just one example.

First off, I don't work for these people or anything, so don't think I'm
going overboard in defending them...  but I do feel that they offer some
stuff at good prices, although I will admit not excellent bargains.  And
yes, some of their stuff is WAY overpriced.  But what really impressed
me was their courteous manner on the phone and quick shipping.  Just my
2 cents.

John

'87 16v Scirocco
'86 GTi  <--- for sale