Lock/latch...

RE: Re: Gas cap, not much help...

> >      I wonder if your '80 'Rocco also has the funky lock box for the
> > doors like my '80 Jetta.  I finally ended up robbing the latch/lock out
> > Rabbit and retrofitting it.  Much easier to get parts.
> I can't say if it has the lock box, how do you identify one?

     Well, when the handle breaks and you try to put a new/replacement on it
from a later car, it will not engage the lock lever.  Has to do with the
length of the lock lever.  The newer cars take care of this with a longer
lock lever, the older ones used a longer bar on the handle itself.

     Sean
     wildfire@albany.net
     SYSOP: BOB'S WORLD BBS