Re: Rally in San Fran! UPDATE

On 30 Jul 97 at 23:15, Shawn C. Meze wrote:

> Im planning on going. I have to be there by wednesday night (13th?)
> and thursday is Julie's meeting with her friends. Depending on
> funding for hotels/food we may have to come home earlier than I
> want.

So how long you planning on staying?  I've never been to SF (or
anywhere on the west coast except for WA so far) and might need a
tour guide :)

> >Is anyone from up my way (Seattle) planning to go to this?  If I
> >get my axle replaced by then I might consider it........
>
> Bring it with you and we can change it in the parking lot!  :)
>

> >It would take 2 days to get there and 2 days back, at least by my
> >rough figuring.  So it's a 3 days off of work minimum if we want to
> > get there by Sat nite.
>
> Thats about right, if you take it easy going there and back. If youi
> were to leave by "O-dark 30" and drive all day you could do it in a
> day, easily. (Ive done it from Seattle to SF, as ive said before.)

I've done that already (made it PA to WA, 2800 miles, in less than 36
hours) so it's a possibility.  Better stock up on Vivarin tho and
won't be worth shit when I get there :)  Plus a day to recover when I
get back.....

> >Lemme know, and I'll try to get a new axle in the little shit in
> >time Oh yeah, the water pumps starting to leak too :=) It never
> >ends.....
>
> Bring a new one of those too and we'll replace that buggar in the
> parking lot as well! (30 min job!)

Who's bringing the tools?  Can we do the TT exhaust there too?
Anyone bringing a torch?  Hahahahahahaha........ I don't want much do
I?  While we're at it I need a new clutch for the A/C compressor.
Bring a puller along so I can be cool on the way home :)

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg