Full throttle switch

What is that fuel enrichment switch for?  I mean, what is it
compensating for?  I thought that it was to take care of leaning out at
higher RPM's, is it more?  Does it have anything to do with "full
throttle" at low RPM's?  I was wondering because if it was meant for
just high RPM's then gunning it on the lower half would bog it down with
too rich a mixture.  So, what I was thinking of was to make an
adjustable RPM trigger for it to prevent the bogging and having to play
with the pedal to keep from triggering it when you don't need it.
What's it compensating for?  If it's just high RPM's, would this be a
good idea?  Enlighten me!  Thanks.

	shadrach