Re: Horror Story

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997 14:34:04 -0400 webmaster
<webmaster@pure-research.net> wrote:

> Well, I just got back from Midakee (sp?) to have my two front Tokicos
> installed.  WHAT A NIGHTMARE! Everything started out smooth, I told
> the guy I just wanted my struts installed, he says no problem.  So
> I am sitting in the wating room reading a mag, when all of the sudden
> I get this gut feeling that the guy is gonna do something wrong.  So
> I get up and go to the work area and what do I see?  The guy is about
> to use an impact wreanch on my brand new adjustable.   So I say YO!!!,
> you cant use an impact wreanch cause it is and adjustable strut!  He
> proceeds to tell me that it is NOT an adjustable strut,  I pull
> out one of the adjusting dials to show him, and he STILL tells me
> they are not adjustable!!!  So I start laughing up a strom as I put
> the dial on and showed him, he finally got it.  I also pointed out
> that the instructions EXPRESSLY said DO NOT USE IMPACT WRENCHES.
> NEVER AGAIN!  I'm with Shawn now, NO ONE touches my car but me!
> Now don't get me wrong, the guy was cool, but he knew nothing
> about VW's.  Anyway everything is back and ok now, Phewww.
>
> I feel better =')
>
> Etrik

HA!  I just love these people!  I love it when I call parts places and say: "I need
a clutch cable for my car but I want the manually adjustable one."  They say
"what year is the car" yadda yadda.  I tell them "it's for my '87 16v" and they
proceed to say "it's $120."  I say "NO I want the manual kind like on an 83
Scirocco."  They say "it's not made for the 16v."  I say "I KNOW but that's the
one I need" etc etc and just to give me a price and finally they just say
"well....for an 83 it would be $22."  Some people will never get it....

Josh Clark
EXC Performance: We RULE!
http://idt.net/~exc
phone: 973 773 3889